Sunday 24 August 2014

American Classics

Going through my bits and pieces the other day I found some old unused book vouchers from Christmas about 2 years ago. Is it me or is it hard to find the time to read and anyway I have a kindle. But a kindle is not great for books with pictures and I do like cookbooks with pictures. Well I do try and make the food look the same even if it doesn't taste the same.

Anyway I decided to use them up and buy the American Cookbook by Caroline Bretherton and Elena Rosemond-Hoerr.

My first go of trying to make an American Classic was Cornbread with Spicy Chow Chow. Its quite hard finding the ingredients from the local supermarket. After much searching and a bit of bad temper the ingredients were bought and a couple of days later this was my effort.

Ok I didn't buy the flag but I thought it made a good a good picture and like I said good cookbooks have nice pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment